Please forward & participate!!!
Dear friend -
For those of you who do not know, the Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA) is set to be signed if congress passes it on January 21-
1) All hospitals, including Catholic hospitals would be required to perform abortions upon request. If this were to happen, some U.S. Bishops have indicated they would consider closing down Catholic hospitals rather than perform abortions -
2) Partial birth abortions would be legal and have no limitations.
3) All U.S. tax payers would be funding abortions.
4) Parental notification will no longer be required.
5) The number of abortions could increase by as much as 100,000 annually.
Perhaps most importantly the government would then have control in the issue of abortion. This could result in a future amendment that would force women by law to have abortions in certain situations (down syndrome babies, etc) and could even regulate how many children a woman is allowed to have.
Needless to say this information is disturbing, but sadly true. As Catholics, as Christians, as anyone who is against the killing of innocent children, we must stand as one. We must stop this horrific act before it becomes a law.
The Plan :
To say a novena (nine days of prayer ) along with fasting, starting on January 11th. For Catholics, the prayer of choice will be the rosary with intentions to stop the FOCA. For non Catholics, I would ask that you pray your strongest prayers with the same intentions, also for 9 consecutive days. The hope is that this will branch and blossom as to become a global effort with maximum impact. We have very little time so we all must act fast. Just do three things:
1) Forward this letter on to five or more people
2) Do it in three days or less
3) Start the novena on January 11th and pray for nine consecutive days.
(Please also fast for at least two days during the novena)
Remember that with God all things are possible and the power of prayer is undeniable. If you are against the killing of defenseless children then the time is now to do something about it!
Lord, may everything we do begin with Your inspiration and continue with Your help,
so that all our prayers and works may begin in You and by You be happily ended.
We ask this through Christ our Lord.